Its silky, buttery, and creamy flesh is sure to make anyone who hasn’t met this fruit do a double take. Avocados aren’t your typical sugary water-filled bombs of nutrients — this fruit has a slinky walk of its own. Avocados are nature’s little gift to the health nut in all of us. It has the texture and flavor we love and the nutrients our bodies need to stay young, beautiful, and healthy for years to come.
Here’s the top 7 reasons you want a little avocado-loving in your life.
1. Avocados are a double-whammy when it comes to ensuring your body gets all of the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Not only are avocados nutrient-dense, they also help your body soak up additional nutrients from other foods. Avocados themselves are a powerhouse of protein, and host a plethora of vitamins including Vitamins K, C, E as well as B5 and B6 and Folate.
2. Avocados are one of the fattiest fruits in existence, and we’re not just talking about any old fats — these fats are healthy monosaturated fats. Replacing your saturated fats with the mono good stuff can go a long way in helping keep your heart healthy. These fats also ensure your cholesterol levels stay where they should be.
3. The avocado doesn’t just like your heart, it surely loves it. It contains the very vitamins that help balance homocysteine, which is the culprit linked to a decline in heart health.
4. You need fiber in your diet to ensure an efficient internal system and the avocados have that, too. Fibers come in the soluble and insoluble forms, and both have plenty of health benefits. These fibers help your digestive system move smoothly by bulking up stool and ensuring it exits the system when it needs to. Additionally, foods rich in fiber aid with weight loss since they stick with you and in turn keep you feeling well-satiated for a longer period of time.
5. Avocados are full of antioxidants, which keep you young and glowing far past the age people expect you to shimmer. This fruit helps limit the damage that free radicals can cause to your body, by stopping those radicals from siphoning off of your healthy cells. Think of antioxidants as your suit of armor against cell damage. This is what’s going to keep you feeling and looking healthy and young.
6. These little green pear-shaped fruits are chock-full of Potassium. Potassium is what helps your heart beat, so you absolutely need to ensure you are eating enough of it. The potassium in the avocado helps keep that blood pressure regulated so your heart can keep on beating.
7. Avocados can help you lose weight. Yes, it is true that something so fatty and delicious can actually help you stay slim while keeping you happy and satiated. The creamy texture and subtle flavor of this fruit make it a fantastic, versatile ingredient. The key to using the avocado in your weight loss plan is to use it in your meals as a substitute for creamy things like dairy — for example, try blending avocado into a tangy creamy dressing instead of choosing buttermilk ranch. Pick guacamole instead of sour cream or cheese dip with your mexican food. You can also use avocado chunks instead of cheese in your salad or put avocado in your smoothie instead of yogurt for an ultra-smooth texture. Remember the green fat is going to do a whole lot more for you then the white stuff.
CATEGORIES: Diet, Fruit, Weight Loss, Superfood, Avocado, Good Fat