Last update: September 8, 2014
DietAnalytics.com (“DietAnalytics”, “Site”, “we”, “us”, “our”, “website”) is a website designed with three main purposes: to provide content – including articles and infographics – meant to inform users about topics in diet, health, and fitness; (2) to connect consumers with appropriate diets, supplements, and fitness programs provided by our affiliated vendors (“Marketing Partners”); (3) to provide means for users to share their knowledge about diet, health, and fitness with one another through a forum, comment sections, etc.
We may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
1. “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact, or locate you (e.g. zip code and e-mail address). We may collect Personal Information when you use the Site including, without limitation, filling out surveys or forms, corresponding with us, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
2. “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). We may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed below as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
“User” means an individual user of our services or products. The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all Users of the Site.
1. Forms. When you fill out a form on the Site (a “Request”), we collect each piece of information in your Request. That information may include the following: your age, gender, email address, zip code, and other Personal Information.
2. Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the Site and remain anonymous, we or our third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Site (e.g., your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Site unavailable to you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, we may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Site and each time you request one of our pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. We may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Site and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to our website or to a third party website, we track and capture Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
Information contained in a Request may be used or disclosed in the following ways:
1. System Administration. We may use Personal or Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with our servers, monitoring our system performance and traffic on the Site and to gather broad demographic information about our Users.
3. Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, we may use your Personal Information to send e-mails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. We may also send you e-mails to verify your identity or to notify you if we believe your use of the Site violates any applicable agreement for the use of the Site.
4. E-mails. We may use the information contained in your Request to contact you via email with marketing offers that we think may be of interest to you from this Site or other sites or from the Marketing Partners. We may also contact you to thank you for your Request, conduct customer satisfaction surveys, or for other administrative purposes.
5. Contact Information. If you contact us by telephone, e-mail or letter, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the website, we may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
We disclose to third parties throughout the world your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information as set forth below:
1. Product and Service Delivery. We may share Non-Personal Information with third parties who help us in the delivery the products and services you have requested. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform technical functions on our behalf. Examples include third parties who host our website, analyze our data, or provide marketing assistance. These companies and individuals may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose.
2. Third Party Products and Services. We may pass the information that is in your Request, or any other Personal Information or Non-Personal Information, to selected Marketing Partners or another third party that will pass the information along to another Marketing Partner. The Marketing Partners will use the information from your Request, including your Personal Information, to contact you in connection with your Request. If you submit a Request, our Marketing Partners may contact you, including via email, with marketing offers to use in connection with their marketing and advertising activities, or to use for their internal business purposes such as statistical analysis and reporting.
Marketing Partners may also take the information and combine it with their data, for their own purposes. Marketing Partners or others to whom we provide your information may use the information in your Request to market other products or services to you or in other ways in accordance with their own privacy guidelines, including promotions, offers, personalized advertising, and other methods. Note that the use of your information by Marketing Partners or other third parties to which we forward your Request is not under our control and is subject to the privacy statements of those individual parties. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
When you make a Request, you expressly consent to such disclosure and use of the information you submit, including your Personal Information. If you do not want your Personal Information shared as described above, then you should not submit a Request - once your Request has been submitted, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of your information in connection with that Request.
3. Anonymous Information. We may also share aggregated anonymous information about you and other persons using our Site with third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Site and how those visitors use the Site. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
4. Legal Process. We may disclose your information to third parties when obligated to do so by law and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected, or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
5. Acquisition or Merger. We may transfer information, including any Personal Information, to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Your ability to use our Site without the potential use and disclosure of information described above is limited. As your use of the Site is voluntary, you always have the option of not visiting the Site or submitting a Request or any Personal Information. You can, however, exercise the following choices with respect to certain information about you that we collect and use:
Online Behavioral Advertising. Many third-party advertising networks engage in behavioral advertising, that is, delivering advertising based on information gathered about you through Cookies and Web Beacons that track your activities across multiple websites. Some of these advertising networks participate in the Network Advertising Initiative and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can request that participating companies not deliver behavioral advertising to you by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and following the directions.
Email Offers From Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your Personal Information or other transactional communications) by using the unsubscribe process in the email. You can also opt-out of receiving email offers from us at any time by sending an email (from the address you wish us to opt-out) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request to opt-out of receiving emails from us and subsequently submit Personal Information, we will assume that you wish to reinstate your relationship with us and we will use your information as described in this statement, unless you subsequently request to opt-out.
Email Offers From Others Advertising For Us. If you receive email offers advertising the Site because of your relationship with another website or entity, then the email you receive should contain an option to opt-out of receiving future emails from that sender. While we ask that any third party that distributes our email advertisements to their users inform us of your opt-out so that we can update our list, to ensure that you are opted out of receiving email offers from us as well as the third party, please send an email (from the address you wish us to opt-out) to email@example.com.
Those persons to whom the Personal Information refer have the right, at any time, to know whether their data has been stored and can consult the company to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, canceled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the company at the address below.
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children's online activities. The Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. We strictly adhere to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Data from any child under the age of 18 in any manner that violates this law.
Please note that the Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”) which may request Personal Data from children under the age of 18. We are not responsible for the collection or use of Personal Data collected from any child under the age of 18 at any Third Party Sites. We encourage parents and guardians to review the privacy policies contained on the Third Party Sites. We disclaim any liability for any third party's use of such Personal Data obtained through using the Third Party Site.
Beginning January 1, 2005, California law permits customers who are California residents to request once in any calendar year certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
DietAnalytics, 71 Commercial St. Boston, MA 02109
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information, both during transmission and once it is received. This includes but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Generally, the Site may contain links to third-party websites, including links to external social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and others.
We are not responsible for the collection or use of the User's Personal Data at any of these websites. Therefore, we disclaim any liability for any third party's use of your Personal Data obtained through using the third-party website.
From time to time, we may conduct online surveys the Site. All surveys are completely voluntary and you may always decline to participate. Unless otherwise agreed to by you, the information you provide in response to a survey may be shared with our business partners and other third parties, but only in the aggregate and will not be used to identify specific individuals.
THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND YOU AGREE USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND/OR ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT MATERIALS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THIS WEB SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
We reserve the right to change any and all Content contained on this Web site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEB SITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF AF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above might not apply to you.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, please email email@example.com or contact us at the address below:
71 Commercial St.
Boston, MA 02109